Paris is a stunning city by day and by night. I have visited it three times in the last few years and each time I have been impressed by its beauty. The Eiffel Tower is the most iconic and popular spot for tourists in Paris, and is possibly the most visited monument in the world. I have been sure to re-visit it each time I take a trip to Paris. I love the atmosphere and it’s a perfect place to take iconic landscape photos of the city. Whether you visit in the summer or winter, day or night, the Eiffel Tower always offers amazing views of Paris.
What I love about the Eiffel Tower
- How beautiful the view is from even just the first floor of the tower.
- You can walk up it for a cheap price as opposed to paying a hefty amount to stand in a crowded lift. It encourages exercise!
- The fact that when it was first built in 1888, it was criticised for its design, but is now one of the most admired buildings in the world. You go, Eiffel Tower!
What to do
- Take the stairs to the second floor – it’s cheaper, the queue is always significantly smaller, and it’s much more fun.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks with a view on any floor of the tower.
- Take a stroll or have a rest in the park which surround the Eiffel Tower. It’s a great place to stop for a picnic and see the tower.
- Go up the Eiffel Tower near sunset so you can also see the city beautifully covered in lights. You can enjoy the view until 11pm and the tower illuminates in thousands of lights. Tres belle!
- How busy the area is. Keep your belongings close to you! Or do what I did and leave your purse filled with hundreds of euros in the shop on the second floor. Luckily someone handed it in to the police!
- How many stairs you have to climb up the tower. It’s not for the acrophobia sufferers…or anyone unfit haha.
The Eiffel Tower in photos
‘Paris is always a good idea’
– Audrey Hepburn